As Holston clergy and laity pray together, you are invited to be part of a prayer vigil during the upcoming Southeastern Jurisdictional Conference, November 2-4, 2022. You have an opportunity to sign-up individually or for your congregation to fill a large block of time to pray in 30-minute segments during each day of the conference. Click this link to sign up!
During your designated time, please find a quiet place at your home or church to pray. The theme of the conference, “This I Know”, is from Mark 12:28-31, the passage in which Jesus is asked what is the most important commandment? He responds to love the Lord our God and to love our neighbor as ourselves. Prayerfully read and meditate on this scripture passage reflecting on ways that you, your local church, and churches throughout Holston and the Southeast Jurisdiction can more faithfully love God and one another.
You might also want to pray for the bishop’s leading worship and reflect on their scripture passages:
Opening Worship, Bishop Swanson
John 15:1-8 CEB
Centering Worship, Bishop Bryan
Memorial Service, Bishop Taylor
Consecration Service, Bishop Leeland
Colossians 1:15-20, 25-29
Other prayer requests shared by members of the Holston Jurisdictional delegation include:
- Pray that all we do will be done in love.
- Pray that we may all conduct ourselves with mutual respect.
- Pray for our Bishops who will be presiding during the Conference.
- Pray for discernment that we may elect strong leaders for the future of our Jurisdiction.
- Pray for the staff at Lake Junaluska who will be serving us while we are there.
- Pray for our delegation in our discernment and in our time together (Emily Ballard, Del Holley, Anne Travis, John Eldridge, Donna Mosby, Becky Hall, Amanda Onks, Charles McEntyre, Reagan Kelly, Jim Gass, Nate Roark, Leamon Burl Lawson, Kim Goddard, Wil Cantrell, Paul Seay, Mary Thompson, Randy Frye, Sharon Bowers, Lauri Jo Cranford, Josh Kilbourne, David Graybeal, Kristen Burkhart, Sarah Varnell, Mary Flynn, and alternates – Sam England, Dawson Kitts, Amy Aycock Sumrall, and Caleb Frazier).
- Pray for our SEJ Committee on Episcopacy as they make assignments of Bishops to episcopal areas for 2023-2024.
- Pray that we are free of Covid while there.